We are closely monitoring the current situation regarding the Coronavirus Pandemic and have implemented the following precautionary measures to reduce the risk to our visitors and team.
The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) have provided guidance to pet owners during the coronavirus pandemic which you can read by clicking here.
Please follow our precautions to help protect you our clients and our team:
- If you are feeling unwell, exhibiting symptoms associated with the Coronavirus such as a fever, cough or shortness of breath, or if you have been in close contact with someone showing these signs, please do not visit the practice. However if you need veterinary assistance, please call our reception team and we will ensure that your pet receives the treatment needed.
- Any people who have recently travelled to a high risk location we request that you do not visit the practice. For veterinary assistance please call the reception team and we will ensure that your pet receives the treatment they need.
- When you arrive at the practice, please remain in your car and telephone reception to let us know you are here.
- The veterinary surgeon will call you to discuss the case, and a member of the team will come out to the car to collect your pet. (We are unable to allow clients into the building during the government lockdown, with the exception for euthanasia when we will allow one member of the family to be present, provided they have no symptoms of Coronavirus and have not been in contact with anyone who has).
- Your pet will be examined by the vet who will then call you again to discuss the case and recommend any treatment. The call will be transferred to reception for any payment whilst your pet is returned to you. Any treatment that needs to be dispensed will then be placed on the bench outside the practice for you to collect.
- Please help with social distancing by remaining in your car at all other times.
- Following the World Health Organisation guidelines, we ask all visitors to pay by card rather than cash.
- In line with government and RCVS guidelines we are only able to see urgent or emergency patients. We are however conducting telephone and video consultations for any client with any concerns, and for medication reviews. These are chargeable at the usual rate, if after this the vet decides your pet needs to be seen then there will be no additional consultation fee.
Thank you, from the Bridge Vets Team
Bridge Veterinary Practice Ltd